Welcome to Speech Specialists: Speech Therapy Whitby
Our therapists provide in-home speech therapy services to clients with a variety of speech and language concerns. Speech Specialists work one on one with the client to ensure that therapy is effective and focuses on the needs of the client and their families.
In home speech therapy services are available in Whitby.
When should you seek out speech therapy services?
A speech and/or language problem exists when a communication “breakdown” occurs between the listener and the speaker. Speech therapy helps fix these communication breakdowns for people of all ages.
Children may require speech therapy if they:
- Have difficulty with certain sounds
- Have difficulty understanding language
- Do not follow directions
- Cannot respond appropriately in social situations
- Have trouble with eye contact, turn taking, or pretend play
Adults may seek out speech therapy if they:
- Stutter or have dysfluent speech
- Have unusual voice quality, pitch, or loudness
- Have an accent or dialectal differences for second language learners
- Suffer from language loss or slurring due to a stroke
Therapy services in Whitby are available at the home, school, daycare, or workplace based on what works best for you. In-home speech therapy services are also available in Pickering, Ajax and Oshawa. For a list of our other locations, please click here.
Appointments for speech therapy Whitby are available on weekdays, after school or work, and on the weekends.
For more information about our speech therapy services in Whitby, please fill out a contact form or call us Toll Free at 1-800 536-7173