One on One Speech Therapy Scarborough
Speech Specialists provide in-home speech therapy services to children, adults and seniors. Individualized and client based speech therapy services are available in Scarborough with qualified and experienced Speech Language Pathologists and Communicative Disorders Assistants.
Our speech therapists will come to your home, school, day care or workplace to provide private speech therapy services that are focused on the needs of the client.
I’m worried that my child may have a speech or language problem but I’m not sure if he/she needs speech therapy. What do I do?
If you have concerns about your child’s speech, you should consider getting an initial assessment by a registered Speech Language Pathologist. While each child is different, a general guideline for speech and communication skills can be looked at to see what is expected from children at different ages.
Consider speech therapy if your child does not meet the following developmental milestones:
- 2 Years: Vocabulary of 50 words or more and should be able to put two words together (Ex: daddy up, more juice, red car, etc.)
- 3 Years: child should be 75% intelligible to unfamiliar people
- 4 Years: child should be able to produce sentences with 4-5 words and should be able to understand and answer Wh- questions. At this stage, their speech should be 100% understood by unfamiliar people.
- By 7 Years, a child should have completely fluent speech and should be able to relate events, express their feelings, and engage in storytelling activities.
At Speech Specialists, our goal is to provide therapy that is fun and stimulating for our clients, using evidence based approaches to treatment. We are dedicated to teaching parents the skills they need to help their child become a functional communicator.
Therapy services in Scarborough are available at the home, school, daycare, or workplace based on what works best for you. In-home speech therapy services are also available in Toronto, North York, and Etobicoke. For a list of our other locations, please click here.
Appointments for speech therapy Scarborough are available on weekdays, after school or work, and on the weekends.
For more information about our speech therapy services in Scarborough, please fill out a contact form or call us Toll Free at 1-800 536-7173
100 Consilium Place, Suite 200
Scarborough, ON M1H 3E3
On Site Parking is paid but free parking is available
across the street at Scarborough Town Centre.
(416) 858-4300 | email@example.com