In-Home Speech Therapy Kitchener and Cambridge
In-home speech therapy services are available in the Kitchener and Cambridge area.
Language delays and speech difficulties are a common developmental problem found in 5% – 10% of preschool children.
Early intervention is very important for a child with a speech or language delay.
The Speech Specialists have a great group of experienced and well trained therapists that know how to help. Our therapists will:
- Provide 1 on 1 therapy sessions at a time and place that is convenient for you
- Conduct a thorough assessment, set up an individualized plan, and provide treatment that will maximize speech and language abilities
- Use researched and effective therapy techniques to meet communication goals
- Engage the child with enjoyable activities that promote language development
- Provide parent training strategies to facilitate effective communication skills in the long run.
I’m worried that my child may have a speech or language problem but I’m not sure if he/she needs speech therapy. What Do I Do?
If you have concerns about your child’s speech, you should consider getting an initial assessment by a registered Speech Language Pathologist. While each child is different, a general guideline for speech and communication skills can be looked at to see what is expected from children at different ages.
Consider speech therapy if your child does not meet the following developmental milestones:
- 2 Years: Vocabulary of 50 words or more and should be able to put two words together (Ex: daddy up, more juice, red car, etc.)
- 3 Years: child should be 75% intelligible to unfamiliar people
- 4 Years: child should be able to produce sentences with 4-5 words and should be able to understand and answer Wh- questions. At this stage, their speech should be 100% understood by unfamiliar people.
- By 7 Years, a child should have completely fluent speech and should be able to relate events, express their feelings, and engage in storytelling activities.
Therapy services in Kitchener and Cambridge are available at the home, school, daycare, or workplace based on what works best for you. In-home speech therapy services are also available in Waterloo and Guelph. For a list of our other locations, please click here.
Appointments for speech therapy Kitchener/Cambridge are available on weekdays, after school, and on the weekends.
For more information about our speech therapy services in Kitchener and Cambridge, please fill out a contact form or call us Toll Free at 1-800 536-7173