Language delays and speech difficulties are a common developmental problem found in 5% – 10% of preschool children.
A language delay can be receptive, expressive, or both.
Receptive Delay – difficulty with understanding words, phrases, and conversation.
Expressive Delay – difficulty expressing themselves
Expressive & Receptive Delay – difficulty with both understanding and expressing themselves
Early intervention is very important for a child with a speech or language delay.
The Speech Specialists have a great group of experienced and well trained therapists that know how to help. Our therapists will:
- Provide 1 on 1 therapy sessions at a time and place that is convenient for you
- conduct a thorough assessment, set up an individualized plan, and provide treatment that will maximize speech and language abilities
- use researched and effective therapy techniques to meet communication goals
- engage the child with enjoyable activities that promote language development
- provide lots of information and a home program for the family
Our therapists are located all across the GTA and Southern Ontario. For more information, please fill out a contact form and a speech therapist will contact you on a priority basis.